How to use the excavator breaker and matters needing attention
1) Appropriate breakdown force
For effective breaking, the breaker should apply a suitable breakdown force. If the breakdown force is insufficient, the hammering energy of the piston will not be able to effectively break the stone; in this way, the reaction force of the hammering force will be transmitted to the breaker body, the boom of the excavator, etc., thereby damaging these parts.
On the other hand, when the excavator boom is lifted, if the breakdown force is too large and the crushing operation is performed, the machine may suddenly tilt at the moment of the crushing, and the crushing hammer will be violent. Under this condition, the vibration will also be transmitted to the crawler and wheels of the excavator. It should be avoided to work in this condition.
Therefore, during the striking operation, always pay attention to the breakdown force of the breaker, and do not work when the breakdown force is not appropriate.
2) Breakdown direction
The breakdown direction should be in line with the steel brazing. When the steel drill breaks the rock, it should be kept in the vertical direction. If the hammering direction is inclined, the steel drill may slip off during the hammering operation, causing the steel drill and the piston to break or get stuck. Therefore, during the crushing operation, the breakdown point should be selected, so that the hammering can be guaranteed to be stable during the hammering operation of the steel drill.
During the work of the breaker, the operator should pay attention to the following points:
1) Stop work when the hose vibrates violently
The high-pressure and low-pressure hoses of the breaker should be checked for excessive vibration. If that is the case, there may be a malfunction and you should contact the service office immediately for repair service. The hose joints should be further checked for oil leakage. If there is oil leakage, the joints should be re-tightened. During the operation, it should be visually checked whether there is any allowance for the steel drill. If there is no allowance, it must be stuck in the lower body. The lower body should be removed to check whether the parts should be repaired or replaced.
2) Stop the operation (avoid excessive air strikes)
Hammering should be stopped as soon as the stone is broken. If the air strike is continued, the bolts will loosen or break, and even the excavator will be adversely affected. When the breakdown force of the breaker is improper or the steel drill is used as a pry bar, the phenomenon of empty strike will occur. (The sound of the hammer will change when the breaker hits empty)
3) The breaker cannot be used to move rocks
Do not roll or push stones with a steel drill or side of the stand. Because at this time the oil pressure comes from the excavator boom and forearm. Bucket, swing or slide operation, so the big and small arms will be damaged, and the breaker bolts may be broken, the brackets may be damaged, the steel drills may be broken or scratched, and the breaker should be avoided to move stones. It is particularly pointed out that the excavator must not walk when the steel brazing is inserted in the stone.
4) Do not use the steel drill as a pry bar
Bolts and drills may break if the drill is used as a pry bar when crushing stones
5) Do not keep hitting for more than one minute
When hitting a hard rock, keep the same hit for no more than a minute, then switch to another hit.
Long-term beating operation will cause the oil temperature to rise, which will lead to damage to the brazing bushing and wear of the brazing progress.
6) For long and hard large stones, it can start to break at the cracks or ends, so that it is relatively easy to break the stones.
7) The breaker should be operated at the routine engine speed
When the breaker is broken, the engine speed should meet the specified fixed value. Exceeding the engine speed required for the operation will not increase the striking force, but it will cause the oil temperature to rise and cause equipment damage.
8) The breaker cannot work in water and mud
Do not use the breaker in water or mud, otherwise the piston or similar parts may rust and cause permanent damage. Submerged breakers should be specially ordered if working in or under water is required.
9) Do not let the breaker fall directly to break the stones
If the breaker falls directly to the gravel, the breaker or excavator will be subjected to excessive force, which will easily damage the excavator components.
10) When the stroke of the cylinder rod on the excavator boom is the largest, please do not strike
When the excavator cylinder rod has the largest stroke (the cylinder rod is fully extended or retracted), crushing rocks will damage the cylinder and various parts of the excavator.
11) Do not use a breaker to suspend objects
Do not tie ropes to suspend objects on the breaker, the frame and the steel rod, it is easy to damage the breaker, bracket and steel rod, and this operation is also very dangerous.
12) It is specially pointed out that in winter, the engine should be started for 5 to 20 minutes to warm up, and then the breaker can be operated.
The engine should be preheated according to the operation and maintenance instructions of the excavator, and the crushing operation should be carried out at low temperature, which will easily damage the various parts of the breaker, such as pistons, seals, etc.
1. A debris shield device should be installed in front of the cab to prevent damage caused by flying debris during operation.
2. During the operation, all on-site personnel including the excavator driver must wear earplugs and masks.
3. The driver should sit on the seat to operate the breaker, and only when the excavator and the breaker are in normal state can the breaker be broken.
4. If someone enters the dangerous area of operation, the operation of the breaker should be stopped immediately; because compared with the excavation operation, the personnel are easily hit by the flying fragments during the operation of the breaker.
5. When operating with a breaker, the excavator should abide by the safety operation regulations of the excavator manufacturer. Make sure to use a well-installed and properly debugged breaker.
6. Do not operate the breaker when you are drunk or have a reaction to taking medicine.
7. When disengaging the curved back for maintenance and overhaul, ensure that the working condition is stable and lower the working device.